Defending a Pace Ticket
Defending a Pace Ticket
A pace is where the officer matches the speed of the target vehicle and determines its speed using his or her own speedometer. The “device” used to measure the speed of the vehicle is the officer’s speedometer in his cruiser or motorcycle. The officer must show that this device was working properly.
How Do You Know If Pace Was Used?
The officer will sometimes tell you how your speed was measured during the vehicle stop. If not it will say on the ticket. There should be a spot on the ticket marked “pace.” Check to see if that box was checked off.
What The Officer Has To Bring To Court?
In order to prove the elements of a speeding ticket based on a pace the officer must bring
- A front and back copy of the original citation, including any officer notes on the back of the ticket.
- Proof that the officer’s speedometer was accurate and working properly on the day of the citation.
- A good memory of the events giving rise to the citation.
- Has the Officer been trained to pace a vehicle properly?
- Was the officer’s speedometer calibrated?
- Has the vehicle been in any accidents or received any maintenance that would throw off the accuracy of the speedometer during the time between its last calibration and the date of the citation.
- Did the officers completely “match” the speed of the target vehicle and for how long?
We Know How To Beat Pace Tickets!
Our attorneys are experienced in defending pacing tickets. We know how to attack the accuracy of the pace and help you save money and DMV points.
If you are charged with violating the California Vehicle Code, hire California’s best ticket law firm. We will substantially increase the odds of getting your ticket dismissed, fines reduced, or DMV points avoided. To learn more about our procedures and how we can fight your traffic ticket, call the California Ticket King at 877-985-0002 or email our attorneys at email@example.com.
Hiring an attorney to defend your traffic ticket may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. With high fines, DMV points and your license at stake, you need an experienced traffic law firm to handle it. Our traffic attorneys are the best in the business because:
We know the law and procedure that govern traffic law and traffic courts. We use the knowledge we've gained to get an advantage in court. Knowing the right legal maneuvers may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal.
We go to court for you
Under Penal Code 977 we can make all your court appearances without you having to be present. In most cases, you will never have to go to court. We appear on your behalf and represent you to the fullest extent of the law.
Hiring an attorney doesn't have to be expensive. Our fees are reasonable because we have designed our business to be efficient. Many clients actually save money because they have hired our law firm.